Friday, October 28, 2005

strength, for life!

Before leaving for vacation, I had all my prescriptions filled. I have quite a few and they each meet a need for my physical problems: for strength, for life! As I looked at the containers of my medicines, I noticed they recorded many things. There was the phone number for the pharmacy which I called to order the prescription. My name was recorded, then the name of the medication. The doctor's name was on the label with the special instructions for me to follow.
If I made my own choice of what and when to take the medicines, I could lose my strength or even my life. I need to trust in the doctor and the pharmacist. The cost was great! I read, too, that a certain medicine was a "substitute" brand for the "real" medicine. Also recorded on the bottle is the original date I received the prescription.
As I continued to pack, I was reminded of something else I needed to take along - my Bible! God has written this, and in it He gives me His directions for life. Like Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord...and He will direct my path."
We need to call on the Lord; His is always there for us. He hears and answers our prayers. As a child nine years old, I learned I needed Christ in my life. I prayed and called out to Jesus to forgive my sins and come into my heart. (John 3:16) He has given me instruction and direction in His Word.; and I need to follow them. If I choose to do things my own way, I fail. Joshua 24:15, "Choose this day whom you will serve."
Christ is more than a doctor; He is my Savior. There is no substitute! Christ died in my place. He recorded my name in Heaven back in 1942. Jesus wrote, "I am the way, the truth and the life." - John 14:6. I'm glad I didn't put off asking Him into my heart back then. I've had years of joy that have filled my life, years of reading His Word and praying. I've tried to heed His warnings and trust in Him. He has given me life - eternal life - and it's free!

Dottie


No comments: