Friday, November 10, 2006

Asphalt to Gold...

Asphalt to Gold...

Proverbs 16:9 (New International Version)
"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps."
Proverbs 20:24 (New International Version)
"A man's steps are directed by the LORD..."

We just had one of our staff members pass on to his new home in HEAVEN. He was walking from one building at Keswick to another on the pavement of asphalt and before he hit the ground the next step he took was on the streets of gold. I wish I could have seen his face when he took that next step if for only a moment....just think in Glory in just one step.

Our staff is heavy-hearted at the loss but rejoicing for him. It is a hard day today coming to work feeling unable to focus, no one wants to really work and we feel displaced.

I decided to get up and walk over to the conference meeting that we were having today and get a little encouragement from there. It was perfect timing....they were singing "It is my Father's world". I sang as loud as I could and held on to the words and the voices around me.

As I left the building and walked down the pathway, I pictured that this was the same pathway that Dave probably took for his last step before stepping into glory. When I returned to my office his belongings that were left here at work were left in my office before they were to be returned home to his wife. I felt the need to touch them just for a moment and thank the Lord that Dave is home now.

I write this Victory Call in memory and Honor of a GREAT man. Dave was a true gentleman, kind, loving, caring and always willing to serve his God!

We write these Victory Calls to encourage each of you daily. Let me take this moment and ask you to follow me down the pathway from the Activity Center to Dave's office on the asphalt. If we were to walk together today and just like Dave did...one step at a time and with the next step we took it was our time, would your next step be on gold or on hot coals of fire? Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Have you trusted Him and asked Him to be part of your life? Do you know that you will spend eternity in Heaven with the King of Kings? A saying I have heard lately is "Hell is a long time to be wrong".

I trust these verses will encourage you to be thankful for your salvation or tug at your heart to accept Jesus as your Savoir. Please let us know if you did ask Jesus in your heart today. I do not want to write these Victory Calls and assume that you all know Jesus as your Savior. He is real and He is alive and wants to be part of your life.

John 14:1-3 (King James Version)
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."
Lynn W

No comments: