Thursday, November 23, 2006

Pride. Humph.

Pride. Humph.
Ever get the feeling God's trying to tell you something?
In September, Dr. Dan Skogan spoke at our monthly Families For Christ ministry for married colony Couples. His topic was Pride and Humility. I wasn't in the room 15 minutes before I knew God was speaking to me.
Dr. Dan quickly got to a list of 12 manifestations of pride. I had 14 of them!!
Let me share these with you for your personal pondering:

Manifestations of Pride:
1. Complaining against or passing judgment on God (Rom 9:20)
2. A lack of gratitude (Matt 20:1-16)
3. Anger (Mark 14:4-5)
4. Seeing yourself as better than others (Luke 7:36-50)
5. Having an inflated view of your importance, gifts, and abilities (1 Cor 4:7)
6. Being focused on the lace of your gifts and abilities (1 Cor 12:14-25)
7. Perfectionism
8. Talking too much (Prov 10:19)
9. Talking too much about yourself (Prov 27:2)
10. Seeking independence or control (1 Cor 1:10-13)
11. Being consumed with what other people think (Gal 1:10)
12. Being devastated or angered by criticism (Prov 13:1)

Proud? Who me? Yes, me!

Dr. Skogan gave much food for thought and I will be using more of his materials, with permission, next month.

Diane

No comments: