Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I AM

It all started in Exodus when Moses asked the One in the burning bush, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.'" Exodus 3:13-14

Fast forward to the New Testament, when the I AM walked among us....

These are statements of who Jesus says He is...
I am the bread of life. John 6:48; I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world." John 6:51

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." John 8:58

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:5

Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. John 10:7; I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. John 10:9

I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. John 10:14

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. John 11:25

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29

TODAY: Worship the Great I AM.

Diane

No comments: