Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Magic Kingdom

The Magic Kingdom

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 5:1 This is the written account of Adam's line. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.

I recently went on vacation to Disney World in Florida. I was so amazed by all I my eyes could see. It's too much to take in - the acres and acres of land that have been transformed into a "Magic Kingdom."

My first trip there was back in the early 80's when our boys were young. It has changed and grown quite a bit since them. As John and I went from park to park and attraction to attraction - honestly it was mind boggling to see the technology advancement and the creativity of man. We were created in the image of God - but God is the ultimate Creator. We are like our Father in that we too love to create.

No matter how fascinating it was to look around and enjoy what the hands of man have accomplished, I know that without our Creator, none of it would be possible. Man can put flowers of beautiful shapes, colors and fragrances together but it is God who designed and fashioned each one. Man can design the artificial surroundings for animals but it was God who designed each natural surrounding for the millions of different animals. And - what about all those animals - birds, reptiles, fish, bugs! I have to admit, I still wonder why He created some of them...like those pesky mosquito's and flies!

If it was up to man or should I say woman, we would probably leave out the mosquito's, flies, bugs and snakes - to name just a few. We may have been created in God's image but we are not gods. God has a purpose and a plan for everything His hands have made. How awesome is our God!!!!! Exodus 15:11 "Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ? Who is like you- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"

And this beautiful and awesome world that God has created, and that we enjoy, is nothing compared to the one He has crated for us in eternity! I have a hard time taking in all of this world. My small brain can't fathom the "Magic Kingdom" yet to come - the new heaven and the new earth (Revelation 21-22).

All that comes to mind is "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:3-4. Thank you Lord!

Mary Ann

No comments: