Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sensitive To God's Leading

Sensitive to God's Leading....
Proverbs 3:6 "In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
Are you there with me....are you sensitive to God's hand leading you to comfort someone, pray for them, share a moment with them etc...
One day I came to work and found a pretty little card left on my desk with a poem and a teddy bear pin on it. The card read....
"Hang - In - There Bear"
When you're bearly getting by,
And you have a beastly day,
When life is hard to bear
And it rubs you the wrong way....
Here's a little friend -
Who comes with love and prayers
That God will lift you up and help you HANG IN THERE!
I thought this was just so cute. Little did I know we would have a tense moment at work that day and later when I read this card again, it was just what I needed to hear.
How did she know to give this to me that day? She was off from work that day and had come in before I did just to leave this on my desk.
Her sensitivity to the Lord and his leading was such an encouragement to me that day. It reminded me that I need to do the same and allow the Lord to lead me and encourage His people.
We don't always know why God places someone on our hearts but we do know that it is for a reason and should act upon it. Ask God to direct your paths.
Lynn W

No comments: