Thursday, June 07, 2007

What Do You Do With The Word

What do you do with the WORD?

James 1:22- 24 “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, (she) is like a (woman) who looks at (her) face in the mirror; for once (she) has looked at (herself) and gone away, (she) has immediately forgotten what kind of person (she) was.”

As a counselor I see many people that claim to be Christians yet continue to live defeated lives. As a Christian there are times I struggle with the same syndrome as Paul - doing that which I don’t want to do. Do you sometimes feel like changes aren’t really happening - that you are not really experiencing all the blessings and victories God promises? I’m going to ask you the same question I must face myself… Am I truly “doing” the word? Am I really applying scripture to my life, or am I just reading and proclaiming it without living it? Below are some verses that if we really “do” them we will find Victory. When you read these verses – ask yourself… what am I really doing with these truths?

God’s mercies are NEW every morning: Lamentations 3:22-23 We are more than Conquerors: Romans 8:37-39 God is in CONTROL: Jeremiah 31: 11 We have a Spirit of Power: 2 Tim. 1:7 Our Flesh Crucified: Gal. 5:24 Sins are no longer Remembered: Isaiah 43:25 I Forget that which is Behind: Philippians 3:15 The battle is God’s: 2 Chronicles 20: 15 I will fear no evil: Psalms 23: 4-6 Christians are VICTORIOUS: 1 John 5:4-5

That’s just the start – there is so much more. My prayer for you is that you (and I) will each day learn how to truly TRUST IN THE LORD. (Prov. 3:5-6)

LDJ

No comments: