Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What is Truth?

What is Truth?

What is Truth? In this Twenty-First century we hear it all the time "All truth is relative. What is true for you isn't necessarily true for me." In our politically correct society each person's "truth" is to be respected and accepted as "truth". But how can this be? How can I, as believer in the One True God and in Jesus Christ His Son, accept all other so called "truth" and remain silent when I hear the lies of Satan or when my faith is challenged?
I don't know about you but I grow weary with all this politically correct "truth". I either have to reject the Truth of the Bible or accept it....it's all or nothing. Jesus said "I am the Way the Truth and the life. No one comes to the Father accept through me." John 14:6. I can't comprise or pick and choose the Scriptures that I think God "really intended" for our modern day. The Bible leaves no room for compromise of Truth.
2 Timothy 3:16 tells us "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." 2 Peter 1:21, "For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."
The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is God's Word given and preserved for us so that we would not have to guess what Truth is or be easily led astray. We don't have to guess about the character of God. We don't have to guess about what God expects of us, the way of salvation and eternal life. It's all in there...in the Book. When I think about the Bible I'm truly in awe of it and of my God. God inspired men to write (40 different authors) at different times in history, over a 3,000 years plus time period, and yet the message remains the same. Who but an eternal and all knowing God could do this for us?
If I truly believe this, I would never sit back and keep silent. I would never use politically correct language but would say along with the Apostle Paul "I am not ashamed of the gospel..." (Romans 1:16) I pray for strength and courage for me and for you that we might always stand up for Truth and never compromise our faith.

Mary Ann

No comments: