Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Father's Grip

My Fathers Grip....
This week has been a great week for prayer. Funny thing is that I am speaking at a retreat this weekend and the topic chosen for me was prayer.
I would not consider myself a prayer warrior but just someone who is always praying about something. There is always the occasional health issues, children, working full time and still maintaining a strong home life and the dailies of life....I find myself in, "sentence", prayers all the time.
This week my youngest son, who has some learning disabilities, had some trouble at school, that we needed to work out. We had to follow up with two of his Doctors. I was trying to prepare for a retreat and keep a very busy work schedule and home schedules in check too. In the midst of this a family member called me and needed money wired to them for an emergency situation. Then another close friend who we really consider family had several situations creep up on him that he needed to come to grips with and sort out.
My heart was heavy and prayers just seemed empty at this time. I had gone to a prayer meeting that morning with our staff and right across from us, was another small group of women praying. In the next room was another prayer meeting taking place as well. I had to stop in my prayer time that morning, and thank the Lord for prayer and what an encouragement to see all of this taking place, at one time.
The next morning, again, feeling empty to pray...I was asking the Lord for wisdom or something to hold on to for the day...something to get me started. As I was leaving to head to work my husband was asleep in bed and our youngest son was lying on the floor next to him. He reached up and grabbed his daddy's hand and looked upward toward him with such trust in his eyes. That was it....as I say, "A Post card from Heaven".....yes that was it.....a child reaching upward to his fathers hand and just trusting in him.
Ok I got it that time....Lord you want us to reach upward in times of trouble and happy times as well, always to You our heavenly father. What a simple example of a childlike faith and; what an example that God allowed me to see.
Today reach up and grab hold of the hand of our Heavenly Father and just hold on and trust HIM.

Lynn Wilson serves as a Guest Services Representative at America's KESWICK. If you are considering a place for your next retreat, give Lynn a call at 800-453-7942. She'd love to share with you why America's KESWICK is the place you need to be!

No comments: