Thursday, November 06, 2008

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days. The kind where I just want to stay in bed. It's a day where I am trying to just keep it together until I can go home and go back to bed. I am fighting to remember the facts and not trust my feelings. I am fighting away the lies that are swirling around my mind looking for a place to take root.

As I drove to work today the CD teaching I was listening to reminded me that one day I would see Jesus face to face. The Pastor continued to say that all my trials and circumstances could not outweigh what was waiting for me in Eternity.

One of these days I will see Jesus face to face. Maybe today is one of "those" days but a day will come that will be the day I will see Jesus. When you and I are having one of those days let's remember that a day is coming when we will be home and home is not here. A day is coming when all the things of this earth will pass away. Even if today is one of "those" days I began to focus on the day that I am home and I find I am comforted and reminded that all of this is temporary. To know that this is temporary and that so much more awaits me gives me hope and strength and a longing for that day when all will be set right again.

I believe as trials come one of their purposes is to give us a longing to be home; home with Jesus. The older I get and the more I go through I am learning to desire less and less of this world and more of Jesus and my heavenly home. How is your day looking? You and I have a wonderful future regardless of what kind of day we face. Even if you burst into tears, are full of hurts and heartaches I hope you will look to Jesus and remember that this is not your home. Because of Jesus we have a hope and a glorious future. What a day that will be!

""So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen, For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Cor. 4:16-18 (ESV)
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."Phil. 3:20 (ESV)

Kathy Withers is a Bible teacher and passionate follower of Jesus Christ.

No comments: