Saturday, November 08, 2008

WORD

WORD

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." 1 ~~John 1:1-3

God gave us THE WORD and in Him...THE WORD: there is salvation.
"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."2 ~~Acts 4:12

He also gave US words. No matter what language we speak or don't speak, we all have words and with those words we can chose to bless or curse. Within all of us lies the capacity to bless or curse with our words. In fact, each and every day brings opportunites for all of us to choose whether we will build up or tear down.

"Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing."3
~~1 Thessalonians 5:11

This morning a song popped in my head which reminded me of the words God has given me and the ministry He has grafted me into wherein I am able to express the WORD and words. The only part of the song I remember tells -in part- the story of what I do here at America's KESWICK.

"I want to spend my life mending broken people.
I want to spend my life removing pain.
Lord let my words heal a heart that hurts.
I want to spend my life mending broken people."
~~Source Unknown~~

That may and/or may not be at America's KESWICK...only the LORD knows. Whether it is or isn't, it is a fact that my heart, my soul and my mind will be kept by THE WORD.
And that's all folks. Speaking the truth about Him Who is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE! Period! That is, and will always be, THE MAIN THING that we do here in our ministry to broken people.

Today, I am thanking God for all the words spoken rightly. I am asking Him to multiply His Word in the hearts, minds and mouths of all who are His, that we may be faithful to share it in a world full of broken and hurting people.

Stephanie Paul is the Director of Women's Addiction Recovery Ministries at America's KESWICK

1 www.biblegateway.com
2 ibid
3 ibid
---------------

No comments: