Monday, August 30, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 128:1-5

Our focus this summer is Digging Deeper into God's Word. Are you taking, making time to ingest God's Word? To meditate and savor it? You may say you don't have time, you're too busy. I was reminded again this week that we do what is most important to us at any given moment. I have told myself that sometimes my schedule makes it hard to spend time with the Lord, in His Word. I'm just letting myself off the hook. If it was most important to me, I know there would be time. I always find time to eat. I want spending time with Jesus, in the Word, to be of as vital to me as my next breath. How eager are you to Dig Deeper into God's Word? Take a step today, feeble or not, take time to be in the Word.

Our meditation passage this week is Psalm 128:1-5.
1 Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD,
who walks in his ways!
2You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands;
you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you.
3Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
around your table.
4Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
who fears the LORD.
5 The LORD bless you from Zion!
May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
all the days of your life!

COMMENTARY:"This... is a psalm for families. In that we were taught that the prosperity of our families depends upon the blessing of God; in this we are taught that the only way to obtain that blessing which will make our families comfortable is to live in the fear of God and in obedience to him. Those that do so, in general, shall be blessed...In particular, I. They shall be prosperous and successful in their employments, ver. 2. II. Their relations shall be agreeable, ver. 3. III.They shall live to see their families brought up, ver. 6. IV. They shall have the satisfaction of seeing the church of God in a flourishing condition, ver. 5, 6." [Matthew Henry's Commentary in One Volume, pg.117].

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries and Director of Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: