Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Push to be Palatable

Join us this week for Victory Week 5 with Rev. Tony Hart and Rev. Wilbur Winborne. If you're unable to join us in person, watch live at www.americaskeswick.org Monday through Thursday at 9:30 am and 7:00 pm.


A few years ago, I had an opportunity to have some of my writing critiqued by some Christian editors. One in particular was a past Victory Call: "My Neighbor the Evangelist." It refers to a conversation I had with my then, five-year-old neighbor, who I believe has the gift of evangelism.

In the Victory Call I quoted her saying that she was so glad she would be with God forever some day, but was especially thrilled she wouldn't go to hell which she explained to me was a burning lake of fire. She was speaking the truth written in the book of Revelation. If anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life he was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev. 20:15

Unfortunately, for the editor of this Christian publication, it was a bit too "negative" as she put it. She suggested I focus a bit more on the positive, like heaven. I guess you could look at it that way. Or...you could praise the Lord for the truth. We are all sinners, and the wages for our sin is death. Oops, I'm also not really supposed to say "we"...OK, I am a sinner and the wages for my sin is death. But wait a minute... that's only part of the truth. You deserve the whole truth. You are a sinner and the wages for your sin is death. But the Good News is that we all have had our debt paid by the spilled blood of Jesus Christ. Believing in that sets us FREE! Oh no, I wasn't supposed to mention "blood" either. Are you offended? Don't be. Be grateful! God loved us enough to send His Son. I love you enough to tell you the whole truth!

Oh taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8

Now that is palatable.

Dina Seaton

Dina serves on staff in Marketing and as a staff writer. She is currently working on her first book, Do It Again LORD, Do It Again...
DIGGING DEEPER

Psalm 27
5 Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

No comments: