Thursday, August 12, 2010

Don't Assume Anything!

Recently I had lunch with two dear ladies. One I know well and the other I am beginning to know better. The lady I am getting to know better serves every summer at America's KESWICK. Last summer was a very tough summer for her. Physical illness kept her from being out and about most of the season. During our lunch she shared that she had been lonely at times during the ups and downs of her illness. I remembered thinking last year that I should go see her. However, I assumed that many others were by her side and caring for her. I felt that I was just one more person and I really wasn't needed. On the way home from lunch I repented to my new friend of my assumption. To now know that she could have used another visitor and would have welcomed more company convicted my heart. I had heard and not acted on what God asked me to do. I felt that I had not helped a dear sister when I had the chance. My apology was graciously accepted. Still, I was reminded not to question the tug of the Holy Spirit as if it were merely a suggestion. I was invited to join God at work. I was invited to be used by Him. This invitation required obedient action and follow through; not a response that was logical to my perceptions and then so easily dismissed.

Today you may feel the same tug to make a visit or to give someone a phone call. It is easy to think that the one God placed on your heart has plenty of other friends tending to their needs. Don't assume that others are doing what the Holy Spirit is asking you to do!

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14 "Serve the Lord with gladness." Psalm 100:2

Kathy Withers

Kathy's on staff at America's KESWICK in the Development Department. Kathy has been married to her husband Dave for almost 25 years. They have two adult children. Kathy is active in her local church and has previously served as a Teaching Director for Community Bible Study. Her passion is to encourage women to deepen their walk with Jesus Christ by finding and living out the truths of God's Word.

DIGGING DEEPER
19The LORD has established his throne in the heavens,
and his kingdom rules over all.

Join us this week for Victory Week 3 with Dr. Glenn Blossom and Dr. Charles Zimmerman. If you can't attend, tune in online at www.americaskeswick.org at 9:30 and and 7:00 PM Monday through Thursday.

No comments: