Wednesday, November 10, 2010

God's Grace

Recently, the Lord has allowed me to be put in some situations for which I have felt woefully inadequate. Have you ever felt that way?

The Lord brought me to 2 Corinthians 9:8 (NIV), "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

What a reassuring promise! His grace isn't given sparingly, it abounds to us. Not in some things, but in all things. Not sometimes, but all the time. Not some of what we need, but all that we need. We will abound, not in some good works, but in every good work. If God gives us a divine appointment, He will enable us to do what He asks. And the weaker I am for the task, the more I need to rely on Him! And doing something in His strength is always better than trying to do it in mine. "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses......For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:8-10 NIV).

So when we feel we are inadequate to help someone, when we don't know what to say, when we don't have the answers, remember, we know the One who does have all the answers. We can seek Him for wisdom and guidance, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" (James 1:5 NIV). And we can point others to Him.

"(We) can do everything through Him who gives (us) strength" (Philippians 4:13 NIV).

Stacey Poplawski
WOC Graduate

DIGGING DEEPER
Matthew 5:
4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

No comments: