Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Master's Hand

"Let Thy hand be upon the man of Thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou didst make strong for Thyself" (Psalm 80:17).

My dog Samson is like the character of his name, great energy like the sun and is very strong. Samson is a beautiful dog, his weight is 76 lbs., and he loves to go for walks and enjoys playing catch. The past couple of weeks there have been some unexpected rain storms. In the late afternoon, as we go for a walk, suddenly the sky gets dark and it starts to rain. Samson does not like the rain; he begins to shake off the water but it doesn't work. He is bothered by the storm and uncomfortable. Samson gets anxious, looks up at me and begins to pull, letting me know he wants to run home to avoid the affects of the storm. I am certain if I was to let go of the leash Samson would run directly home. I hold on tight to the leash and let him know we are going home at the pace of the master's energy. I love Samson I want him very close to me in the storm. I do pick up my pace to get though the storm quickly and back to the protection of our home.

When the unexpected storms in my life occur, my reaction is similar to Samson's. I want to run home to my Father. My desperate cry and prayer is for God to pull me out of this one quickly! I know I am in my Father's hand and safe. Even though the storm is very fierce I cling to Jesus even closer. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand" (John 10:29). "Be still and know I am God" (Psalm 46:10). "Even there Thy hand will lead me, and Thy right hand will lay hold of me" (Psalm 139:10).

I have to familiarize myself with Christ to know Him intimately, in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death" (Phil.3:10).

"Thou will make known to me the path of life; in thy presence is fullness of joy; in thy right hand there are pleasures forever" (Psalm 16:11).

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).

But Godliness actually is a means of great gain, when accompanied by contentment.
Glory to God.

Sandra Roman
Women of Character Grad and America's Keswick Staff

DIGGING DEEPER
James 4:1-3
1 What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you?
2 You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

No comments: