Friday, October 14, 2011

Digging Deeper James 5:7 with Points to Ponder

Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.

I remember 25 years ago, planting my own first and only garden. I was a newlywed and living in a townhouse. I planted... well... I can't remember what I planted other than the sole plant that came up and the 1 eggplant it bore which I picked and gave to my neighbor. Thus my only garden. Starting about a week after planting my little garden, I would go out every few days to look to see if the plants had started to sprout. Day after day, week after week, I looked with anticipation, anxious to see evidence of success. I watered and watched, watered and watched. Gardening takes patience and apparently something else I didn't have.

James uses a farmer's waiting and watching to illustrate patience and calls us to be patient until the Lord comes, perhaps in light of the Lord's coming.

I hope you had a great week.

Have a good weekend. Be blessed in the Lord's House on Sunday. Be refreshed as you rest.

Blessings,
Diane

No comments: