Friday, October 28, 2011

Digging Deeper James 5:9 Points to Ponder

Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. James 5:9

Points to Ponder:
Do not grumble against one another. This is not always an easy command to obey, is it? Perhaps you have reached a place in your Christian walk that you have matured enough to know when to keep your mouth closed. You know that grumbling and complaining is sinful and an offense to God. Philippians 2:14 "Do all things without grumbling or questioning," So perhaps, just perhaps, you don't grumble or complain OUT LOUD, but my question this Friday morning is do you have a grumbling and complaining heart? Do you guard your lips but not your heart and mind?

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

My mouth shall speak wisdom; the meditation of my heart shall be understanding. Psalm 49:3

May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD. Psalm 104:34

God is not just interested in our words but also what rattles around in our minds, what we dwell on.

O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar... Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. Psalm 139:1-2, 4

Are you guarding your heart and mind today from grumbling and complaining? If not, ask God to give you new thoughts, thoughts that are pleasing to Him.

Have a great weekend. We will be celebrating the amazing grace of God in Steve and Ruth's life as they will be remarried this weekend. Ruth has been a contributor to Victory Call and does all our postings to the internet for the distribution of Victory Call. "See" you Monday. Have a holy and restful Lord's Day.

Blessings,
Diane

No comments: