Thursday, October 20, 2011

Responding Biblically...in the Midst of It All

For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
He guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, equity and every good path. When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul, discretion will preserve you; understanding will keep you
. ~Proverbs 2:6-11

Do you know that your responses to all that comes your way in this life matter to God? Do you believe that He has equipped you through the indwelling Holy Spirit with everything you need to walk in wisdom with grace and truth?

Do you think and believe it's possible to be in a bad situation with a person or persons who are behaving badly and not forget that you are God's daughter; that you are equipped by and through the Word of God to respond well?

If your answer is yes, praise the Lord! If your answer is no, praise the Lord!

My answer is yes, yes, yes! I do believe it's possible and I believe God has not set anything before me that He can't or won't enable me, by His Word, to respond well to.
At the same time I say my answer is yes, it's also true that there are many times my answer is no. Those are the times when I know I've blown it and the enemy of my soul is whispering to me that I'm a fake and I may as well give up and stop going to God about the difficult person, situation or circumstance in my life. He, the enemy, tells me I'll never really change or I'll never see change in the person who's giving me angina, so why bother. Just go back to the old way and forget trying to do it God's way, it's just too hard."

Am I making sense here? Do ya know what I'm talking about?

That's why I said praise God whether your answer is yes or no. Because, even when we're not doing it right, all we have to do is pause, consider Abba Father, and praise His name just because HE IS!

Remember that it's Him in us, through the Holy Spirit who is at work, willing us to do His good pleasure.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" ~ Philippians 1:3-6

And when you're having victory and remembering what His Word has taught you about imaging Christ in a lost and dying world, the response is the same, praise Him! Praise Him just because HE IS!!

"...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." ~ Philippians 2:13-16

Stephanie

Stephanie Paul, wife and mother of two grown children. An "instrument of change" in the Redeemer's Hand, in the lives of wounded and hurting women. Currently serving as a part of the Addiction Recovery Team at America's Keswick as Woman of Character Program Administrator.

DIGGING DEEPER
James 5:8 You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.


It's finally here!!! Crossing the Jordan: Living Victoriously in Difficult Relationships by Diane Hunt, MaryAnn Kiernan, DeEtta Marsh, Stephanie Paul and Betsy Shoppy (several of our Victory Call writers). Today's Victory Call is just a taste of what you will find in this Bible Study for women. Although it was originally written for wives of men in addiction it has already been a blessing to women from various circumstances and relationships: moms, siblings, daughters, wives, fiancees' etc. Most of the 14 chapters are applicable to any woman in any situation. To secure your own copy contact America's Keswick Guest Services 732.350.1187 $16.00. If you have any questions contact Diane Hunt at dhunt@americaskeswick.org.

No comments: