Thursday, November 24, 2005

Devotions

Devotions
The thing I love so much about devotions is it's the time I get to set aside to dance, sing, shout, cuddle, talk, listen, cry, dump my every thought, all my dashed hopes, my hurts, and my sorrows. I also get to express my joy unconstrained by fearful thoughts of what others may think.
In the midst of time set apart devoted to Him, there is a joy experienced, - His joy! A joy which comes from knowing, beyond any doubt that I will not be rejected, despised, laughed at, scorned or condemned.
My Fathers arms are wide and His lap is deep. And in Him I am 100% safe.

"He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High,
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I shall say of the Lord
He is my refuge and my fortress:
My God in Him will I trust"
Psalms 91:1-2

Isn't that a beautiful thought to ponder? Pause and think on it. See yourself abiding under the shadow of the Almighty.
Webster defines abiding as, "continuing to be sure or firm; endure
Sisters, time spent with the Lord, abiding with Father, is time when we can take off our masks. You know what I mean - all those faces we were in the course of a day, week or month. If we can't; if we don't, we are saying that we don't trust Him or believe Him.
Trust Him dear ones to be faithful. Rejoice in the ineffable Name. His Name.

My challenge for you is to abide, abide, abide.

Stephanie P.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You have received this email either because you either subscribed via www.americaskeswick.org, or you filled out a subscription card at America's KESWICK to receive the daily Victory Call email.

You are subscribed to this list as ssutter.victorycall@blogger.com. If you do not want to continue your subscription, reply to victorycall-unsubscribe@lists.americaskeswick.org

No comments: