Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It's not who you know, it's whose you are.

It's not who you know, it's whose you are.
I immediately recognized the voice on the other end of the phone as "Fergie". I had called Weight Watchers and the recorded voice prompt said; "Hello, this is Sarah Ferguson the Duchess of York" etc... I thought well, " la de da, this is Dina Seaton, a daughter of the King!" Now I in no way take that lightly.
In all seriousness, it later made me think just how wonderfully regal a position we hold as children of the King of the Jews. We were as with all royalty, born into it. That is, "born again". Now for some it may be different but for me, I don't live in a mansion, although one is under construction for me in my Father's Kingdom at this time. I don't have any great wealth accumulated, except of course the treasures I am storing up in my Father's house. I'm not famous, the paparazzi doesn't chase me down to get my name in the headlines. But I do have my name written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I don't dress in designer labels: Versace, Tyler, or Wang. But I am clothed in His righteousness. I don't have lots of perks of the royalty of this world. Or do I? It started me thinking about God's goodness in this world, even the so called "little things" we can be grateful for. Psalm 27:13 reads; "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living".
I recall the time we went to New York and needed to park before taking the ferry over and there was nary a parking spot to be found, so I prayed for one. Before I completed my prayer the very first spot in the row opened up! That has happened often. It seems I find myself praying for parking spots often!
Then there was the time when money was tight and a friend "found" money and just gave it to me without knowing I needed it.
There are also the "big things" like the time I felt the Lord calling me to work in a Christian ministry and the laundry list of things that needed to be accomplished for this to happen was a mile long. I sat back and watched as obstacle after obstacle got crossed off the list by the finger of the Almighty God, who makes a way when I think there is none.
What advantages we have as royality right here, right now! God loves us and He loves to do good things for us. It makes me smile to think of it! What things can you think of that He's done or that He could do that would cause you to smile? Think on those things...

Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.

Dina

No comments: