Thursday, December 22, 2005

Be kindly affectionate to one

Romans 12:10-11, "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence..."

This week we have been considering God's call to unity among believers and within the body of Christ. How different we would be from the world simply by being like-minded and pursuing unity. Unity should be one characteristic of the Church that draws people in. How can we expect people to be drawn to the Gospel of Jesus Christ if it doesn't appear to make in difference in lives?
Our theme verse this week is Romans 12:4-18. I could write a month's worth of Victory Call's on these verses alone. There are a lot of rich practical truths in this section of Scripture. I see twenty practical insights that, if implemented, facilitate unity. I am only pointing out a few so I want to suggest you take a few minutes and read them for your self.
We are encouraged to not lag in diligence. I'm sure there are other applications of this truth but one I think we need to be reminded of is that we need to be women of our word. When we say we are going to do something, let's do it even when the excitement of the moment has passed.
I have lied to people. It wasn't my intention to lie to them but I told them I was going to do something that I ended up not doing; so the bottom line is I lied to them.
Being women who do not lag in diligence marks us with the character of Jesus Christ and sets us apart from the world. People of integrity, honesty and reliability are building blocks of a church characterized by unity.

Diane

No comments: