Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What is on your refrigerator?

What is on your refrigerator? I didn't ask what is inside. I mean what is on the outside? When I visit a home, I love to look at all the photos, art work of the children (or grandchildren), or anything and everyone that is "special" to the family. I looked at my own refrigerator and noticed how many items we have. A lot! We have our sons and their families, my only sister and her family, my husband's family, and many children of the friends we love. There are a few missionaries and Bible verses, also. Every photo is held by a magnet of some kind, also special to me. All these photos are of those we love, and we are reminded to pray for each of them by name!

As I was reading the book, "The Glory of Christmas", by Charles Swindoll, Max Lucado and Chuck Colson, I couldn't believe what was written for that day by Max Lucado. He said, "God saves you to bring glory to Himself. If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it!" John 3:16 tells us how special we are to Him! Max brought out that God's Christmas gift was sent to you in Bethlehem - Jesus, His Son - Matthew 2:1. Although He could live anywhere in the universe, He chooses to live in your heart - that's how special you are! Have you asked Him to come in?

Many Christmas cards come to our house each year, and I love each one. We will receive many new photos in them. I'll update some old and add the new to our refrigerator, and continue to pray. We need to upgrade our spiritual growth as we allow the Holy Spirit to work in our lives. God's word gives us the fruit of the Spirit to apply to our daily growing - Galatians 5:22-24. He prays for us - Romans 8:26. The Holy Spirit pours God's love into our hearts - Romans 5:5 and John 14:16-17. When others look as us, not just our refrigerator, but where ever we go and whatever we do, are they seeing us glorify God?
Remember you are special to God, you are His family, His friend, and He loves you and wants others to see that you are His child. Glorify Him today!

May I add - His love is the strong magnet that holds us to Him.

Dottie

No comments: