Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Therefore encourage one another

1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another."

I have been going through boxes of memories! I am a saver, today I'm glad I was (still am). What I did save was what I needed today - words of encouragement.
1 Thessalonians was recorded in God's Word for a reason.

God knew we would need to be reminded to 'encourage one another". Whom have you encouraged lately? It is a gift to someone who needs to hear from you; and it's free! It might cost a stamp or a phone call, but its value can't be priced. What about a family member, your pastor, a friend, or perhaps a stranger who has influenced your life in some way?

Recently we had visitors in our home that we haven't seen for over 25 years. They were teen-agers in 1990, and now are moms and serving the Lord. They were part of our former ministry to youth. Their encouragement to my husband, and me was better than medicine for our lives. God is good! I just purchased another "Real Victory for Real Life" at our Keswick bookstore. It is a daily meditation for Victorious Living. I know I'm a little late in my purchases, since we only have the months of November and December left for the year. However, this is my tenth copy. It seems after each purchase, I find someone to whom I pass it on, who loves it. If I can keep this one, I can continue to use it in 2006 (must tell you - it's gone too!).

A devotional does not take the place of your Bible; it's added daily help. I opened to the words written by a friend, Rev. Gary Dickenson. It read, "Everybody in your life today: family, friends, co-workers, even total strangers, need encouragement!" Wow, just what God had revealed to me! God had that planned.

I have written to three people and have called two. I trust God has used you today as He had reminded me in His Word and the Keswick devotional, "Encourage one another". Guess what! It will encourage you too, I know it just did!

Dottie

No comments: