Sunday, August 26, 2007

Daddy's Voice

Daddy's Voice
I have this memory in my soul. It's me as a little girl riding in the backseat of our family station wagon. In this memory I hear the sound of my father's deep voice, singing to the radio. It's one of the few times I can remember being soothed or calmed by the sound of his voice. It's absolute beauty to my ears.
I've been thinking a lot about my parents lately as each one has just had another birthday. Each birthday that comes and goes is like a slap in the face as it reminds me anew that they are getting older, gulp, and so am I. They are no longer young parents and I am no longer a little girl riding in the back of the car listening with eyes shut to my father's voice. It's been at least 2 decades since I heard daddy sing and I miss it. I miss the happiness that was in the midst of his melody.
This is just a glimpse of my thoughts today and I can't help but to think of my Heavenly Father. I know that any longing I have, He, the Lord had first. I feel it because He did and He wants me, you -all of us- to bring our empty, longing hearts to Him for filling. Father longs to fill us to overflowing so that a new song forms within our breast and with new passion and vigor we sing the song of Moses.
"They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:
"Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints! Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, for Your judgments have been manifested."~~ Revelation 15:2-4 New King James Version Stephanie

No comments: