Monday, August 20, 2007

Saved for What?

Saved for What?
More times that I can count I hear statements which can be summed up as follows:
I know God saved me for a reason.
I know God has some purpose, some high calling for all the pain and suffering God's going to use her experience in some major way.
Every time I hear statements like that I feel myself cringing inside. I cringe in part because such statements assume and presume much upon the person and character of God.
I remember well the first time I made a similar statement. My son was still a toddler and in his short life had already experienced so much, some of which had been life threatening. In the midst of it, I remember questioning myself (okay, I admit, I talk to myself...a lot) about why he was going through so much. And then after he would pull through, I'd rejoice inside and think or say, "God must have some great plan for my baby's life. The enemy tried to take him and God said no."
I finally have an answer which satisfies me, soul and spirit.
We, you, me, all of us are here for one reason, and that is conformity to the image of the Son.
Dear sisters, we're all on a journey. Those of us who are born again into the life of Christ are on a journey with Heaven as the final destination. Everything we go through is leading us and guiding us toward being more like Him...if we allow ourselves to be renewed and transformed by His Living Word.
I have received more faith with this revelation, more confidence, and more hope, to believe the truth, THE TRUTH! I am a new creation!!
Dear ones, we haven't been saved to wander in the wilderness wondering why. We don't have to wander or wonder what is His will for us. We can cross the hard and rocky places of our lives, the dry, parched deserts and step into His Word, allowing ourselves to be changed by His Spirit and set free!
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. ~~Corinthians 3:17-18 (NIV) Selah Stephanie

No comments: