Thursday, August 16, 2007

Too Wonderful For Me ...

Too Wonderful for me...

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. Psalm 139:6

I have been involved in many conversations with people about the Biblical doctrine of Election, Predestination, God's Sovereignty, damnation of the lost, why God created Satan, etc. You know the questions none of us have the definitive answers to. Then there are the questions innocent minds of children ask like, "Who made God?" "When was God born?" and "How big is God?" There are definitely questions we do not have the answers for, nor were we meant to.
There was a time when not being able to grasp a truth about God, such as His eternality, I would get overwhelmed and anxious. Now, I find comfort in knowing that God is beyond my ability to comprehend. If I could comprehend God, He would be no greater than me. Scary thought.
God is knowable. God is not comprehendible.
"The best and safest way to deal with these truths is to raise our eyes to God and in deepest reverence say, "O Lord, Thou knowest." These things belong to the deep and mysterious Profound of God's omniscience."1

Sometimes the answer is : I don't know. Although it doesn't make sense to us, it makes sense to God.

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:29


Diane

No comments: