Friday, December 12, 2008

He Orders My Steps

A few weeks ago I was told that the decision had been made to close the Keswick Book and Gift Shop and that I did not have a job. I have a job for the Christmas season but after that I have no idea what I will be doing! While discussing the uncertainty of the days ahead a friend reminded me that God orders my steps. Last night I got a card from another friend and in it she wrote, "He has ordered your steps." Job certainly didn't know why difficulty and suffering came his way but God ordered his steps. David was anointed king yet he ran for his life while Saul sought to kill him. God had ordered his steps. 

Ruth followed Naomi to a people and country that she took as her own. God was ordering her steps. Abram was told to leave his country with no idea where he was going. Wasn't God still ordering his steps? Corrie and Betsie Ten Boom walked into Ravensbruck concentration camp.  Could they have trusted that God was ordering their steps?

I don't know exactly where God is ordering my steps but of this I am sure- He knows the way! I want to faithfully and obediently trust Him each step of the way. My challenge and yours may be to just keep holding tight, letting Him lead and taking the next step!

"A mans heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9 NKJV
"A mans steps are of the Lord; How then can a man understand his own way?" Proverbs 20:24 NKJV

Kathy Withers

Kathy is married to her husband Dave; she has two adult children, Michael and Kerri. Kathy is currently teaching Higher Ground II at America's KESWICK on Fridays at 10 am. 

No comments: