Monday, December 29, 2008

One of your Smiles....

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30 

I just love this verse...I think is says it all.  How many of us give a cheerful look?  How many of us bring joy to the heart?

One day as I was texting my son on his cell phone, little did I know that he happened to be coming down the hall.  He walked in and asked... "Did you need something?" He had a smile on his face.  I explained to him..., "you just gave it to me." With a puzzled look on his face, I answered him and said, "I needed one of your smiles."

My youngest son knows when he is being a handful and sometimes, to break the tension between the two of us, instead of getting upset, I look at him and say ...Gavin, give me one of your smiles.  Well, he knows how to make my heart melt and yes, bring joy to my heart.

When you walk in a room, do you bring a cheerful look?  I have walked into church meetings, ladies groups and other situations where a simple smile was not on the agenda of those people.  It just seemed to create a different atmosphere, one where you felt like you didn't want to be there. It is amazing when you walk into a place and you receive a friendly smile....everything can change.

Do we realize how our smiles and countenance show so much of who we are in Christ?  We are all that some people ever read of the Bible.  When they look at us, can they see past us and see Christ?  

There are so many ways that we can give one of our smiles to a friend today.  Pass a note to them, send an email, send a text, give them a call, give a little gift, or better yet, greet them with a smile on your face.

Bring a cheerful look to someone today and bring the joy of the Lord to their heart.

Lynn W

No comments: