Thursday, December 04, 2008

How God Uses Our Own Words to Remind Us

How God uses our own Words to remind us......

Yesterday in the whirlwind of events through out the day, I received several emails and a few stop by's in my office regarding a devotion I wrote. I almost had forgotten this one called..."For this Child I prayed." It was printed in our Keswick devotional.

My day was filled with many tasks at work, our van needed to go in the shop, my oldest son needed to spend some time with me to review his plans and at my feet was this little bright-eyed young man. My mom was at our home helping to watch Gavin so that I could do all of these miscellaneous things. Gavin's reply to my mom was "did she leave again," as I was running around doing all these things. Well, that hit hard with me. When I looked in his backpack there was a note from his teacher that Gavin had a hard day at school.

This devotion was meant for me to read again on this particular day.What a great reminder from the Lord....a devotion I wrote a few years ago would come around again to remind me of what was really important. How soon we forget the lessons we have learned. Though the daily tasks in life are needed and important, these young lives we touch will have an eternal impact. I needed to sit down with my younger son and spend the time with him he needed that day. I can confess the day ran out of time and I did not spend the time I believe he really needed.

In my prayer time that night I had to give him back to the Lord and ask the Lord to guide my steps better the next day to be the mom Gavin needed. The Lord knew that my work schedule would be busy, that our van does need to be repaired and that I am a mom to another young man, too. It is refreshing me to know that even on the days when I find myself committed to many things, that I know that I can remember that the Lord is with my kids all the time, and that I cannot do it all. I can not always be there but what a lesson for me to learn and remember and to teach them both that HE is there for them always.

Moms out there remember... these lives have been entrusted to us for only a few short years. Some days will be busy and filled with many tasks that we do need to take care of. Let us start our day off in prayer and ask the Lord to guide our steps...He knows what we really need to take care of. Let us also remember the blessings we have in knowing that these kids really belong to the Lord and to direct our children to Him. Love your kids each day in a special way and tell them that you love them, but also share daily with them salvation and the love of our Lord.

Lynn Wilson serves in the Guest Services Department at America's KESWICK.

No comments: