Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where will you be......?

A co-worker and I were joking if we knew the rapture were to happen next week what would we do.  She joked and said she would spend her money and go to Hawaii....then she said, "I guess I should evangelize."

I also found myself talking to my dad about the same thing the other night.  We were talking about the elections and how life could and probably will change after this election.  Our conversation was so encouraging because we sensed the same thing.  You know how they say, "there is calm before the storm."  Well, we were talking about how we each noticed that in both life and in the Christian circles we sensed a quiet like we have never felt before.  It is not something that you can really explain but we can both feel it.  It is not a feeling of fear, or stress, not a feeling to be worried about or anything like that.  It is a quiet sense of peace and a sense that the Lord's return is coming soon.
Now, I know we have heard this before, that He is coming soon.  You are maybe thinking that I am just going on a feeling or a sense of something.   Although I will go on that feeling...I am not selling all of my goods and standing on a roof top to wait as some have done.

I can tell you that life is sweeter now at that thought, my focus has changed and my goals for the years to come have shifted.  My family has become even more precious to me, especially when you know that we are going to spend eternity together.

Where am I going with all this?  When I went to a church ladies meeting about 15 years ago one of my old Sunday School teachers, in conversation, said to me...."I want to be serving Him when he calls me home."  She went on to say, "even if I am washing the dishes from my family dinner, I keep a card posted by my sink so I can be praying for His people."  This stirred up my soul; what would I be doing when He returns?  Better yet.....did I really ever stop and think about it?  Have you thought about it?

If He returns now or in 100 years from now, every day counts, every moment and every second.  What will you be doing when the trumpet sounds?  Listen closely....shh.....you might hear them sound soon.  Ladies, get out there and serve the King of kings and Lord of Lords today.  Days are numbered and short and there is much work to be done.  "The King is coming, the King is coming!  I just heard the trumpet sounds, And now His face I see; O the king is coming, the King is coming! Praise God, He's coming for ME!" (Copyright 1970 by William J Gaither) 

Lynn W

No comments: