Friday, March 06, 2009

The Gospel for my life 2

"...the gospel...of first importance..." 1 Corinthians 5:1, 3

Oh, for the glorious gospel, I DO NOT GET WHAT I DESERVE!!
I deserve to be an illegal alien, but You give me citizenship in heaven. Phil 3:20
I deserve to be forgotten, but You have written my name on the palm of You hand. Isaiah 49:16
I deserve to be left wanting, but You supply all my need. Philippians 4:19
I deserve condemnation, but You redeemed me. John 3:18
I deserve Your wrath, but You exhausted Your wrath on Jesus in my place. Romans 5:9
I deserve to be deceived, but You give me Truth. John 17:17
I deserve blindness, but You give me sight. Luke 4:18
I deserve loneliness, but You give me Your Spirit. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22
I deserve fear, but You give me perfect love. 1 John 4:18
I deserve sadness, but You give me joy. John 15; 11
I deserve my sin, but You give me Christ's righteousness. Romans 3:21-22
I deserve confusion, but You give me clarity. 1 Corinthians 14:33; James 3:13-18
I deserve cursing, but You give me blessing. Galatians 3:13
I deserve to be shunned, but You embrace me. John 6:37
I deserve to be abandoned, but You call me your own. Hebrews 8:10
I deserve separation, but You give me unity. Ephesians 4:3
I deserve nothing, but You give me Yourself. John 14:20-21

As I consider and meditate upon the rich and glorious truths of the gospel, I am reminded, over and over and over, of His grace to me and in me. This empowers me by His grace to extend grace to others because all these truths are also true for every one of my brothers and sisters in Christ. The ground at the foot of the cross is level. As we meditate on the gospel daily, let us allow it to make a difference in our daily lives and these truths to radically change us.

Diane

No comments: