Friday, March 20, 2009

Obedience

I found the following in my potential Victory Call file. God is always speaking to us and sometimes I take the nuggets I hear and store them away to ruminate over at a later time. Well, true to His nature and perfect time, one of my "laters" came today. I share it with you for you to ponder.

"God allows all the pain and the trials that we go through in order to force us to cry out. Victory always begins with the cry for help. 'Lord, my plan is not working.'  God wants us to know the reason we continue to be oppressed [I am doing exactly what He told me not to do.]

Why? So the next time we will make different choices.  Satan can presume no authority over us! Am I hiding from an enemy that God would gladly defeat?  Am I sick of defeat and ready to live like a might warrior?"(1)

Judges 6:19-25
Gideon went in, prepared a young goat, and from an ephah of flour he made bread without yeast. Putting the meat in a basket and its broth in a pot, he brought them out and offered them to him under the oak. 

The angel of God said to him, "Take the meat and the unleavened bread, place them on this rock, and pour out the broth." And Gideon did so. With the tip of the staff that was in his hand, the angel of the LORD touched the meat and the unleavened bread. Fire flared from the rock, consuming the meat and the bread. And the angel of the LORD disappeared. When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the LORD, he exclaimed, "Ah, Sovereign LORD! I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face!" 

But the LORD said to him, "Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die." 

So Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The LORD is Peace. To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites. 

That same night the LORD said to him, "Take the second bull from your father's herd, the one seven years old.  Tear down your father's altar to Baal and cut down the Asherah pole beside it.

Dear sisters, we ALL need to daily choose TODAY whom we will obey and serve. May it be God and God alone NO MATTER WHAT!(2)

Stephanie
1 Source unknown
2 www.biblegateway.com

No comments: