Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And do it...

The Lord has been impressing on me lately the importance of practicing what I know.  He has caused me to question how much does what I know impact what I do?  I realize that at every moment I have a choice to walk in the Spirit or walk in the flesh.  If I do not take what I know and use it to change my behavior, what good is it?  

1 John 2:3-6 "Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.  He who says, 'I know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.  But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him.  By this we know that we are in Him.  He who says he abides in Him ought  himself also to walk just as He walked."  

What evidence is there is your life or mine that we walk as Jesus walked?  I realized that my theology is worthless if I do not apply it to my everyday life.  I cannot be a woman of character or of wisdom if my knowledge does not somehow change me. 

Do you desire to be in God's family?  Luke 8:19-21 tells us who really are Christ's mother and brothers... "Then His mother and brothers came to Him, and could not approach Him because of the crowd.  And it was told Him by some, who said, 'Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, desiring to see You.' But He answered and said to them, 'My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."  Having a head full of Bible knowledge in a life full of self is an affront to the character and reputation of Jesus Christ.  We represent Him in this world.

Diane
 

No comments: