Thursday, June 11, 2009

Letter to Me From Elizabeth*

 "Being married to Matthew* was like getting hit by a Mack truck almost every day. Even when I followed the instructions of God in His Word and was on His divine 'sidewalk,' I still got hit by Matthew's* Mack truck filled with anger, self-centeredness, mental abuse and neglect.

"Finally, my prayers started getting answered when a pastor jumped in my husband's Mack truck, and started teaching him how to drive like Jesus. This pastor directed my husband toward KESWICK where Matthew is emptying his truck and filling it with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness and love. I'm so happy and thankful for this. I forgive my husband for the hit and runs, and I love him. 

"But now, I lay on God's divine 'sidewalk' with a heart that's broken. I'm bleeding, weak and tired. Everyone wants to help me heal and asks me, 'What do you need?' All I can say is, 'I don't know.'

"So I prayed for help to heal me and God sent me DeEtta (a biblical counselor at America's KESWICK who is there to serve the woman whose husband, fiancÈ, etc., is a resident of the Colony of Mercy). Thank you Lord! You are mighty to save, heal and restore!"(1)

This beloved daughter of God shared the above with me verbally during an initial phone call to let her know that we are here for her. "Yes, the program is here for your husband. Yet our job is to encourage you to fully surrender 'the man' to the Lord. And yes, we are going to come along side you, to be the Lord's heart and ministering hands to help you stop bleeding and regain strength as you encounter your Savior through His Word and the Women of Character program. 

She was overjoyed to say the least and she said, "Finally! I've been lying in the road thinking 'what about me?' while my husband got help; and wondering, who was going to come and help me get up. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

I shared the above letter (written by Elizabeth*) to encourage you (whoever you are) to have hope, to stay close to God, to continue to pray to Him; draw near to Him and listen for the sound of His voice. He has not left you without hope of deliverance or healing or provision or any other thing. He is faithful to supply every need you have according to His riches in glory.(2) 

So, dear one, NO MATTER WHAT, remember that you are His treasure! Do not grow faint or lose heart for the Lord your God is with you.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;" 2 Corinthians 4:7-9

"...looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Stephanie

1 Letter used with permission
*Names changed by request
2 Philippians 4:19 www.biblegateway.com 

No comments: