Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God's Embrace

...as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:16-18

Oh, that we may really, really, really understand the embrace of God. For every believer, born-gain in the Spirit, He is our God and we are His people. He is our Father, we are His daughters.

As a grandparent, I know the delight and absolute joy of embracing my grandchildren. I want to hug them up real good, but alas they giggle, wiggle and squirm after a moment or two. I may want to hug but they want to run and play.

God delights in us and wants to wrap us in His everlasting embrace that says: I chose you. You are mine. I am your Father, you are my daughter. Forever and always.

Before rushing off to your busy day, would you take a moment and meditate on your Father's embrace, rest your head upon His chest and say, "Thank You. I love You."

Diane

No comments: