Friday, July 10, 2009

Pick 2

I walked in to the doctor's office with my grocery list of symptoms. I try to get as much out of one visit as possible, so I make a list of things to discuss so I don't have to take the time off work to drive there and then sit for 45 minutes waiting for my appointment, etc. (I think that if we are made to wait more than 10 minutes from our appointment time, the fee should be reduced $10 for every 10 minutes we are made to wait). Anyway, I was ushered into the examining room after the dreaded weigh-in, blood pressure and temperature routine. I sat on the examining table with list in hand waiting for the doctor to see me. Finally, she came into the room - spotted the list and said, "I don't have time to deal with all those, pick 2." I was stunned. I quickly scanned my list hoping I selected the 2 most vital issues. My opinion of my former doctor dropped a few notches that day.

Recently, I was thinking and meditating about God and it occurred to me that I have never and will never enter His Throne room to hear Him say, "I don't have time for all that, pick 2." NOT EVER will He be too busy or too distracted by the affairs of nations and people or the workings of the heavens with the sun, moon and the billions and billions stars He is keeping in orbit to push me aside as unimportant. EVERY TIME I enter His Throne room, He gives me undivided attention as if I was the only one in the world. It is amazing to me that at that very same moment you, too, could enter His Throne room and He would give you absolutely undivided attention, as if YOU were the only one in the world. How great is our God!!!

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Psalm 66:19 "But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer."

Diane

No comments: