Friday, February 05, 2010

Deeper Into Psalm 23

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Points to Ponder:
Has the LORD your God been your Shepherd today? Are you tangibly aware of His mercy and His goodness leading you through the good and the bad moments of your day? Do you know that whether you walk in the valley or on the path He, your Abba, is leading you for His name's sake?

Application:
Take time right now to pause and give audible praise to God for the specific ways you see His hand of goodness and mercy in your life this week, as you have been intentional to read and meditate on this beautiful Psalm.

Stephanie

No comments: