Wednesday, February 03, 2010

How Hungry Are You?

I think about the way we Americans eat. Are we EVER hungry? Or do we keep our stomachs full enough all the time where we don't even feel hunger pangs?

Recently I've become aware that I don't usually feel those "pangs." And it has led to me being overweight. So now I'm trying to let my body get hungry and am happy when I feel them. It's OK to feel that stomach growling!!

But I wonder if I could apply the same thoughts to how much I hunger for the Word of God?

We'd probably be doing okay in our walk with the LORD if we are "fat" by indulging in the Word. So it's GREAT to be a "fat" Christian!! Ha! No - but I think you get what I mean.

Lately I've had this thought that if my Bible, the Word of God, was taken from me, never to be returned, would I miss it? How much do I know by memory that would help get me through difficult times? I started getting "pretty thin" very quickly!

So I guess what I'm saying is this, "how hungry are you?" Are you on a good indulgence of the Word or does your heart hunger? You know, my heart hungers even if I am in the Word! He keeps drawing me in. He keeps us wanting more...

May we all become "fat" Christians!!

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be SATISFIED.

Sue Mercer
Women of Character Gradate


DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

No comments: