Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Time for Action

"I'm praying about that." Prayer is good and vital, so don't misunderstand what I am about to say. We should pray, and pray without ceasing. However, I think sometimes we are delaying what we know we should do or stalling obedience to God's instruction.

We sound so spiritual because we are praying about something or perhaps even praying about everything but if we don't act when God instructs us, we are most likely disobeying or sinning in our unbelief.

There is a time for prayer and there is a time for action - let us not confuse the two. Far too often I act when I should be praying (following my own agenda) or praying when I should take action (disobeying and stalling).

As God led Moses and the people of Israel up out of Egypt thy found themselves trapped between the advancing Egyptian chariots and the very wet Red Sea.

Exodus 14:10, "The people of Israel...feared greatly. And the people of Israel cried out to the Lord." This seems appropriate to me. They immediately complained and blamed Moses who then called them to stand firm and watch the hand of God deliver them. "And Moses said to the people, "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." (vs. 13-14).

Then... "The LORD said to Moses, "Why do you cry to me? Tell the people of Israel to go forward."

God called them to action. There is a time to pray being still and a time to get moving while we pray.

If I am stomping on your toes, I cannot apologize because I have stomped all over my own in the process.

Ladies, pray and when God says move, move.

Love you,
Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 26 years. She has 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

James 1:6-8
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

No comments: