Monday, June 19, 2006

America's Keswick IDOL

America's Keswick IDOL

Fear not, no one is worshiping idols here at America's Keswick. We have the real deal! However I was briefly entertaining the idea of appearing on American Idol and then I woke up!
I was at a wedding recently and had just sat down and opened the itinerary they had printed out for the ceremony. Immediately I gasped and quickly closed it again. The first song to be performed was one I had a dream about the night before! The song that was performed was called "You're the Best Thing"; by Gladys Knight and the Pips. It's an oldie but a goodie, maybe you remember it? It's a song about a woman praising the man she loved for all that he was to her. A very nice choice for a wedding ceremony I thought. The two people being married certainly seem to love each other and the Lord as well. In my dream it was a little different, I was the one singing it but I was singing it to the Lord! Now of course in my dream it was a fabulous performance far surpassing any American Idol contenders! In real life...let's just say I think I will stick to writing. In all seriousness if you know the song at all, think about the lyrics for a minute with me. It goes something like:
"There have been times when times were hard but always somehow I made it, I made it through, cause for every moment that I spent hurting there was a moment that I spent just loving you, If anyone should ever write my life story, You'd be there between each line of pain and glory, cause you're the best thing that ever happened to me."
Truly the Lord Jesus Christ is the best thing that ever happened to me! He's the best thing that ever happened to you too! Maybe you're fully aware of that blessed truth. Maybe you don't think He's ever done a thing for you and wonder if there is a God where He's been all your life? Let me share some "Good News", He's been there between each line of pain and glory and He's the best thing that's ever happened to you and wants you to know it! Jesus made a public profession of His love for the world as He "the bridegroom" hung in place of "the bride" on a cross. He calls you dear child, sister and friend.

John 15:13, Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

Let me encourage you to read the entire book of John. (Often referred to as the book of love) God does love you and He doesn't want it to be a secret!

Dina

No comments: