Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Jesus died for you! Are you living for Him?

I recently saw a plaque that read, "Jesus died for you! Are you living for Him?"

Christ died because he loves you and me. John 13:34 - 35: "A new command I give you. Love one another as I have loved you. By this, all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
I just turned 73. I've been thinking how I need to feel needed. I need to feel loved, but God reminds me I need to also love. Love as He loved. What a command!
I spent a lot of time going over my birthday cards. The verses were so special, but the added thoughts from the sender were the words I enjoyed most. They were personal, just to me. I put a homemade card on my refrigerator. "I love you Mommles!!" (with happy face stickers). This is from my grandchild. A child's love is special and true!
I picked up my Bible and realized how many times God wrote to me, "I love you; I loved you and always will." He loved me enough to die for me!
We use the word "love" so freely. We say, "I love pizza", or maybe, "I love your new dress." 1 John 3:18 reads, "Let us not love in word neither in tongue but in deed and truth." Love because you have Christ in your heart, and you can love because God is love.
While visiting a nursing home, I was left alone with a lady who had no visitors, no one to talk to. She pointed outside and said, "Are you going up?" I thought she meant to heaven. "No", she said, "up to the second floor where I live." (She could see her room from the window where we were) "But I'd like to go to heaven", she said. Then I had the opportunity to tell her she could go to heaven one day if she loved Jesus and had Him in her heart. She took my hands and said, "I love you, will you stay with me?" Of course I couldn't, but God used her in my life and me in hers.
We needed each other! God loves us both and I pray I see her again soon.
Dottie

No comments: