Monday, June 05, 2006

"Couture al la Hefty"

"Couture al la Hefty"

Any Outfits He'd like me to get rid of?
Humm? Well, I'm happy to say not at this time. But there was a time that I had a few Lawn n' Leaf bags full of trash, I mean inappropriate clothing, trash...same thing.
A few days after I came to know Christ I opened my closet door and said OH NO!
The clothes I had, especially the work cloths or dress cloths were not something I wanted to be seen in ever again. Some of the "work cloths" looked like I was doing Rahab's work! At the time when I chose them I thought they made me look good. They were right out of the Victoria's Secret clothing catalog or some trendy stores I had found. Some very expensive (charged of course and way out of my budget). The sad thing was that I didn't look good at all, but I really believed I did. I was maybe 110 to 115 pounds (keep in mind I'm 5'7''). I had no curves what so ever, but was rail thin. Not to mention sin sick. I was a size 4 maybe a 6 and in the world's eyes that was good. For some reason, even that thin, many men still find it attractive, as I soon found out. And I liked the attention. That's really what is was all about. The attention it drew to me. Negative attention, but attention none-the-less. So why the sudden house cleaning after salvation? The Holy Spirit was now my personal stylist! I will never forget it; I opened that door and knew instantly I needed to go through every item, underwear and shoes too! What ever looked like trash went there! I wouldn't even donate any of it because I didn't want any other women to choose to wear it. I mean who would I donate it to The Salvation Army? I was in the "salvation army" now! The beauty of this story is that no one told me to do it, but God prompted my spirit. I was a baby Christian, but I knew enough within just a few days that this image marred the image of my God. Well it's almost six years later and I can say I have gained a few pounds since then, I also now have curves, well ok, more like wide turns! Truly I would like to loose about 15 pounds and get into better physical shape, but I never want to be a size 4 again! I definitely choose my clothing a lot differently than I used to but the choices are still out there and women are still buying them! Recently I was at a store with Diane and I was joking about some of the lingerie we saw. First let me!
say tha
t it is right out front. You used to have to walk to the back of the store to find stuff like that. Now my son can shop for school clothes right next to the sexy lingerie.
Sexy lingerie has its place - the privacy of a married couples home, surely not store front windows. The beauty of the body is to be enjoyed within God's parameter of marriage. But remember it is only beautiful within the commitment of marriage and outside of that it's just ugliness that mares the image of our God.

Dina

No comments: