Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Diligently seek Him

Diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
What if God replayed for you (for me) all the prayers we have brought to Him? Would there be many, or would there be few? Would they be "I want" or "I want Your will"?
Would some be as prayed by Jonah - "In my distress I called to the Lord"? Read the second chapter of Jonah, even better, read all four. Find out how God answered his plea.
Maybe your prayers would be like those of Silas and Paul. In the inner cell of prison with feet in stocks they were praying and singing hymns! Acts 16 tells of a jailer and his family who came to believe in God because of their (Paul and Silas) Christian witness. How do you face troubles? Sometimes we take our trials to everyone else but God!
I must add a thought here that I love. When you look up at the stars, the darker the sky, the brighter the stars. Look to God.
Ephesians was written by Paul, and in 6:18 he tells us to always keep on praying for all the saints. In verse 19 he continues, "Pray for me that I can speak the gospel fearlessly". Other Christians need your prayers - I know I do.
If God played back all my prayers, I'd be amazed at the answers. I'd be thankful He did not give me what I asked for many times! He knew when to say, "No"; what was best for me; and knew His plan for my life.
Did I thank Him as I should and praise His name? Psalms 100:4 I'm sure I failed many times.
Matthew 5:44 tells us to pray for those who persecute you! Luke 6:28 even reads, "Pray for those who mistreat you". That's hard! God knows the heart and mind of the one praying. Don't pray to get glory; that belongs to God! Pray to experience closeness to Him. Jesus prayed; we need to pray, too!
The references on prayers in God's Word are many. 1 Thessalonians 5:16 sums it up: "Be joyful always, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Dottie

No comments: