Thursday, October 30, 2008

Deeper Still

Deeper Still

I love to encourage others to dig deep into the Word of God. The Word is so rich and full. I am always blessed by the nuggets of gold I find in the depths of the scriptures. "Dig deeper" has become a motto of mine. I thought I made that up but I found my motto in Luke 6:47-48. "Whoever comes to me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock." (NKJV)

Digging deep is more than just studying the Word. You and I need to come to Jesus to be taught, we need to hear what He says and we need to obey. Digging deep into studying the Word may expand our knowledge but digging deeper includes putting hands and feet to what we learn. Digging deeper includes a transformation of heart, life and ways because we studied and heard the Word and have come to know and love the Author. We don't want to be strong in the area of study but then weak in obedience. We don't want to be obedient outwardly while our hearts are unchanged. As you and I dig deeper into the scriptures don't forget to go deeper still in obedient living and in giving Jesus our all. When the storms come we want to find ourselves dug deep into the One who is the rock of our refuge. Come to Jesus, hear, obey and dig deeper still.

Kathy Withers works at the Keswick Book and Gift Shop. She is married to her husband, Dave, and has two adult children. Kathy is active in her local church. Her passion is the Word of God and encouraging women to dig deeper into the truths of the Bible.

No comments: