Monday, October 13, 2008

From A-Z

From A-Z

One of the projects I got to help my Sunday School kids work on was a dot-to-dot puzzle. I loved doing these as a child! The point of the puzzle is to draw a line from dot A to dot Z and at the end, an outline of an object is formed.

This summer I was able to listen to one of our Summer Conference speakers, Dr. Roger Willmore. He had shared a point that reminded me of a dot-to-dot puzzle. He had asked (and I paraphrase) have you ever seen someone who lived in victory? Have you ever envied them or wished your walk with Christ could have such depth? He went on to say that the only way we could have the victory they have is to have gone through whatever they went through to gain that victory.

In God's wisdom He has a perfect plan for you. I don't know where you are on your dot-to-dot puzzle but, like me, I am sure you are tempted to go around a few dots. We think we would be just fine if we could just jump from A-Z, but shortcuts don't work. I know because my dot-to-dot has so many eraser marks on it! I have had to go back to a dot I thought I could skip. Sometimes I have had to go back to dot A because I made such a mess! Not until I have done what needed to be done and gone through what I needed to go through could I move on to the next dot. Not until I have had small victories could I see bigger victories in my life. Not until I saw victories in one area could I trust and wait for the victory in another.

The next dot you reach may be another hard trial, or it may be the very victory for which you are longing. Each of our "dot-to-dots" is different but each one offers to bring us to victory as we follow His plan for us. As we go from A to Z we will see that Jesus has brought us from trial to victory and victory to trial and, in doing so our outline forms the image of Christ.

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." 2 Cor.3:18 NASB

Kathy Withers serves at the Keswick Book and Gift Shop. She is married to her husband, Dave, and has two adult children. Kathy is active in her local church. Her passion is the Word of God and encouraging women to dig deeper into the truths of the Bible.

No comments: