Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't Miss It!

"Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things" (Isaiah 40:26, KJ).

             My husband and I have the privilege of spending  two months each year surrounded by absolute beauty. As I look out my front window, I can see the Pacific Ocean. The surf today is more like a spray, way out. I can see the waves creating almost a vapor as they burst on the shore, but many days I am oblivious to the beauty because I am preoccupied by the activities of my day.

             Yesterday we were driving along Highway One. I looked up just in time to notice that the mountains were covered with snow! We marveled at the beauty that we got to see as we traveled from one town to the other.  As we arrived at our destination, I mentioned the snow on the mountains to some of the people there. To my amazement, they had driven to the event and hadn’t even noticed the snow on the mountains!

             Then, today in my devotions, I read this verse.  "Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things."  Suddenly the truth hit me! GOD created this beauty for US. I can only imagine His disappointment when He paints this beautiful picture for us...the snow capped mountains and the ocean all in one view, but often we hardly even notice, let alone say Thank You.

             We are surrounded daily with God's beauty and His miraculous creation. Each summer as I walk through the campus at America's KESWICK, I am surrounded by His handiwork...the flowers, the landscape, each person that I pass.  We are God's creation. Let's lift up our eyes on high and behold!  Then let’s take a moment to say "Thank You, Lord."

             My motto is "Don't miss it!" Let's not miss what God has created for us and what He has done for us.  "Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things."

Marilyn Heavilin

No comments: