Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Simple Faith - Part One

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. ~~ Hebrews 11:6

Today I read one of "those" emails. I read it primarily because it was from one of the very few friends who does not send me email designed to provoke guilt and/or shame you into doing something.  As per usual, my soul was blessed within seconds of listening to it. Today I want to share the gist of it with you and give you the link below, where you can go for yourself and listen to the whole thing. 

What you are about to read was said by Logan Henderson, a 13 year old boy who lives on a ranch in the middle of Nebraska. In late October Logan made a phone call to a Christian radio station out of Houston, Texas. The conversation that follows is the brief dialog which took place between Logan and the host of the radio show:

Logan: "Hey Mike, can I talk to you?"
Mike: "You bet Logan, what's up?"
Logan: (Breathing a long sad sigh) "I want to tell you something that God just told me."
Mike:  "Okay...?"
Logan: Last night my dad was roping this calf and this calf had been born from a really old cow...she, she didn't have really the greatest milk...she didn't have like the vitamin C and stuff... (sniff)...
Mike: "Okay...?"
Logan: "She broke her back... (the calf)...and...this morning I went out and put her down myself...(with tear choked words, Logan continues)..."I was talking to God and I was asking God why? She was special."
"And God said, 'You know Logan, my Son was special...but He died for a purpose.'"
Logan: "It's kind of the same thing...that calf was close to me...and God's Son was close to Him."
Mike: "Logan, you're so right. It's true. Think you're going to be okay?"
Logan: "Yeah, I'll be fine. But, I just wanted to tell you guys that...that it's so important...just remember, when you lose a loved one or a pet...always remember that God gave His Son too...and He understands...He will always understand...He will always. Just run to Him."
Mike: "Logan, you're wiser than you know buddy."
Logan: "Oh, I just figured I'd better call and share with you guys. Love you."
Mike: "Love you too."
Logan: "Bye."
Mike: "Bye bye."1

Meet me here tomorrow for the conclusion of this Victory Call...
Until then, may God bless and keep you safe under the shadow of His wing.

Stephanie


1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0r_FbARIn8 

No comments: