Tuesday, June 08, 2010

ARE YOU WEARY?

Have you ever had a week , or day, or month, or year when nothing seemed to go right? Well, I think I've had a week like that. I'm weary. Have you ever felt that way? Did you want to look for the EJECT button? I didn't want to be ejected from life, just from the very frustrating situation,

So what can I do to get on top of or get control? My first option is to turn to God's Word. I looked up the word "weary" in my Bible's concordance. Here is the first verse I found. "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest " (Matthew 11:28). Ok, so I went to the right place; so I kept looking for more help!

Here is a verse that was encouraging to me, and this particular translation came from The Message. "But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind" (Isaiah 40:31, The Message). Fresh strength, that's what I needed. Have you ever had the privilege of watching an eagle fly? Actually, they glide. They make flying look so easy. I think that's what God wants us to do. We are to let God give us fresh strength and teach us to let Him do the living.

There is no doubt we are in a war and living life is not easy, but it is true that we know who wins the war! Dear Jesus, I am weary and wish I could find the Eject button. But, Father, I do know that You will ultimately win the war. Please help me live in a way that shows I know Who ultimately wins. Please help me turn to You when I feel weary. Please give me fresh strength. Help me remember to turn to You. I love You, Jesus. Amen

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Galatians 6:9).

Marilyn Willett Heavilin

Author of Roses In December, December's Song,When Your Dreams Die, I'm Listening, Lord,Becoming A Woman of Honor, and Grief Is A Family Affair.

DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 91:11-12
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.

No comments: