Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Time Off With Jesus

Back in January, Dave and I needed to plan our vacations and hand in our requests for the year. We planned out the weeks that we were able to take off and discussed what we would do with our vacation time. We have no set plans to travel but I came up with a nice "honey do list." We have plans to clean out and get some projects accomplished. In November we will be married 25 years and we are already saving and making plans for a few days away next year to celebrate that milestone.

So many plans... so little time. Yesterday, I heard of a man who was celebrating a milestone in his life. He planned to take the day to spend with Jesus. I began to think of how often I plan my days and forget to include Jesus. I began to think about when the last time was that I planned an entire day alone with just my Bible and a desire to hear from the Lord. The closest I could come was 3 years ago when I went away with my two best friends and took an hour by myself. I am challenged to make a plan.

Most of us have our vacations scheduled. Our calendars reflect upcoming events and appointments, work related, church related and personal. You may even have time each day set aside for Jesus, but when have you ever spent a day with Jesus? An entire day to slow down, focus, and be still? It won't happen if you and I don't plan for it.

Before the year flies by, and you know that it will, review your calendar and see when you can take a day with Jesus. I took the first step - the date is set. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Psalm 23:2-3

Kathy Withers

DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 95:5,6
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!

No comments: